There is so much to think about when planning a wedding or hosting an event. It is easy to get overwhelmed. We thought of just a few tips that can help alleviate the planning process; whether it be a backyard bbq or the wedding of your dreams.
- Decide on what type of feel you want for your event and be sure the venue and decor match this feel. Deciding on a theme will help guide the planning process and make it easier when picking out decorations.
- Establish a budget if need be. This is critical because knowing how much you can or want to spend will ground you in reality, as you see what is possible and what you may need additional funding to achieve. You may also want to think about the number of guests you are inviting because that will be a huge factor on your budget.
- Try to contact your vendors with as much notice as possible. This allows you to check prices and get your number one choice of vendor.
- When planning your timeline of the day, always leave a nice cushion of time between sub events. This way you do not feel rushed and it is better to be early than have your guests waiting.
- Always have a Plan B! Be prepared for the unexpected such as bad weather or technical difficulties. Your event will run much more smoothly if you know exactly how to recover when something is not going your way.
Try to enjoy the planning process. Have fun deciding on themes, decorations, vendors, etc. But if you want most all the stress of planning your event to go away, give us a call! Planning and designing is what we live for!